I am thrilled to be joining the team at W.D. Hall and kicking off a new school year! I can tell already that this is going to be a busy and exciting year :)
My goal is for each and every one of my students to experience growth and success this year. I know that looks different for every child and I will work hard to meet the individual needs of my students I am a big believer in teaching the whole child. We will be building character all year long while practicing perseverance, responsibility, accountability, kindness and, of course, good manners. I hope to prepare the students for middle school by teaching them to be good citizens of the digital and real world while building a strong sense of classroom community.
I wanted to note a couple of things for this first week of school:
- Students will be receiving a yellow homework folder which they should bring to and from school everyday. There is a section for things that need to be returned to school (homework/forms) and a section for things that should be taken out and kept at home.
- The students will have homework each school night. You can help your child by reminding them to check their homework planner and encouraging them to read, study their spelling words and practice their fast facts every night.
- A homework planner is passed out on Monday and should remain in their folder all week long - parents need to sign it and it will be turned in the following Monday.
- The students should be reading 15-20 minutes every night. They will turn in their reading log weekly. Please sign off that you have seen the homework planner and confirm that your child did their weekly reading.
- We are going to be doing a few projects this week and in order to do so, I need your child to bring in a small photograph of themselves or their family (no larger than 4x6).
- If you have not visited my website yet, there is a lot of important information on there. Clemensclass.com
- Please fill out the parent survey information included with this letter and return it at your earliest convenience.
- We will use Class Dojo to track behavior and share photos and videos of student work. Please sign up for a Class Dojo account so that you can be better connected with your child’s learning and behavior this year. (There is a handout with instructions in your child’s yellow folder)
- We could use the following donations for our classroom this year: boxes of tissue and rolls of paper towels.
- Students are encouraged to bring a water bottle to school to keep on their desk.
I am really looking forward to getting to know all of you this year. If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me. The best way to get a hold of me is via e-mail or by phone.
E-mail: email@example.com Phone: 619-588-3136